Mortal after all

December 30, 2021

I wasn't ready for the flood, again. I sometimes feel like I'll never really be ready, as if my ark is never going to be strong enough to endure the hard days and nights in which the world is submerged. As if it's always going to be too much and that I won't make it until dawn. I'm not sad, though. It's been hard, and I'm fighting with broken bones, as I've always been, and I've been winning some battles, but there are some that I know I won't. Some things are broken beyond repair. I'm mortal after all. And I guess that's the most important fact about me. I'm mortal. The night will come. And then the day will come. And then the night will come again. And I've been learning to sleep during the night. And, maybe, one of those nights, I'll sleep for good. When the dawn comes, I won't wake up. That's when I'll know my prayers have been answered.

No comments

Post a Comment